Friday 16 August 2013

FNSI and August Stitch a long finish

Last night I joined a number of fellow stitchers at FNSI. 



Wendy over at SUGARLANE quilts hosted this event this month. 

Having spent the day in a uni lecture I decided that I needed to treat myself with some sewing. 

So.....

I finished my August Stitch a long project.
The original design had some stitchery blocks on the front but I wanted to use my babushka fabric so I fussy cut the dolls. The front and back panel was ready so all I had to do was out the bag together. 



I filled the bag with a scarf but didn't quite fill it so it is looks like there are tucks. There isn't really. 

I did like making this bag and have fabric ready for a second one but that can wait until after the essay. 



 

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful use of gorgeous fabric! And so unique too! LOVE it Simone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great stitching with you - I'm loving seeing that bag popping up all over the place, think maybe I might need to make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabric and gorgeous bag. Must get mine made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric used for the bag. I will have to make another one with great sewing fabric. looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very mod looking bag Simon. Great job! Sharyn:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful bag - love the fabric! Definitely worth fussy cutting the babushka dolls - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely bag..hope the essay goes well for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a way to treat yourself Simone.....LOOOOOOVE that bag!!!! and good on you for finishing it! Glad the lecture's over....now to knock that essay on the head! xox sugary hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting me... Take care... Simone